Deadline: May 18, 2016 by 16:00 (04:00 PM) (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
This call is open to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries pursuing doctoral studies at a Canadian university.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Your research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor. Please provide proof.
- Your proposed field research must take place in one or more developing countries, be conducted for a doctoral dissertation, and correspond to IDRC thematic priorities.
- You must provide evidence of affiliation with an institution or organization in the developing region(s) in which the research will take place.
- You must have completed coursework and passed comprehensive exams before taking up the award.
Duration: 3-12 months
Budget: Approximately 20 grants of a maximum of CA$20,000 each
Scope: IDRC Doctoral Research Awards are intended to promote the growth of Canadian and developing country capacity in research to improve the lives of people in the developing world. These awards are intended for field research in one or more developing countries. IDRC Doctoral Research Awards are intended to promote the growth of Canadian and developing country capacity in research to improve the lives of people in the developing world. These awards are intended for field research in one or more developing countries.
Special note: Candidates applying to this call for IDRC Doctoral Research Awards (IDRA) and indicating their area of work as related to the IDRC theme of Agriculture and Environment, will automatically be considered for what was previously entitled the Bentley Cropping Systems Fellowship and will henceforth be known as the Bentley Research Fellowship.
Access the call document, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and supporting documents:
- Call for applications (PDF, 88KB) : http://adf.ly/1ZR07N
- IDRC thematic priorities (PDF, 96KB) : http://adf.ly/1ZR0Dp
- Checklist: List of documents to upload with application (PDF, 50KB) : http://adf.ly/1ZR0Nl
- Template for the letter of approval by research supervisor (PDF, 56KB) : http://adf.ly/1ZR0Rb
- Apply online : http://adf.ly/1ZR0VP
All additional questions should be addressed to email@example.com