Academics of all disciplines from abroad, who are internationally recognised as leaders in their field and who are expected to contribute to enhancing Germany's sustained international competitiveness as a research location in consequence of the award, are eligible to be nominated for an Alexander von Humboldt Professorship.
The Alexander von Humboldt Professorship, which is financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research through the International Research Fund for Germany, enables award winners to carry out long-term and ground-breaking research at universities and research institutions in Germany. The award funds, totalling €5 million for academics in experimental disciplines and €3.5 million for researchers in theoretical disciplines, are made available for a period of five years.
Nominations may be submitted online by German universities; non-university research institutions may also submit nominations jointly with a German university.
- I would like to register and create an online nomination.
- I have already created and saved an online nomination and would like to continue editing this form.
- Programme Information (PDF)
- Website Alexander von Humboldt Professorship
- New Alexander von Humboldt Professors
- Members of the selection committee for the allocation of the Alexander von Humboldt Professorship - International Award for Research in Germany
- Information for nominators
- Information for independent peer reviewers