Applications are invited for CHARM GLOBAL Scholarship Program to study at Semyung University in South Korea. The Scholarship Program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities for Bachelor-level degrees and Korean Language Program.
This program will contribute to the internationalization of the SMU Campus and promote international educational exchange, as well as strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and other countries.
University provides the best educational environment and field-oriented education courses to cultivate talented people who will brighten the world.
Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean (above Level 3) or English language (IELTS above5.5) will be given preference.
Application Deadline: December 8, 2017
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor-level degrees and Korean Language Program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Period: March 1, 2018 ~ February 28, 2023 (1-year Language + 4-year Degree Program)
- Tuition: The tuition fee is covered by SMU. The university entrance fee is covered by SMU as well.
- Korean Language Training: The full cost for the 1 year is covered by SMU.
- Dormitory Fee (Included Meal Plan) for 5 years.
- Dormitory fee and meal plan are 100% supportable for both semester and vacation.
- Semyung University does not cover the expenses for airfare, medical expenses and insurance.
Number of Scholarships: 5 students
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- Citizenship: Attention! Neither the applicant nor the parents should hold the Korean citizenship
- Age: An applicant must be under age 25 as of March 1, 2018 (Should be born after March, 1, 1993).
- Health: An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally. Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply. Those with severe illness are not eligible to apply.
- Level of education: An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2018. Those who have already achieved a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply. Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate from a high school in Korea are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- GRADES: An applicant must either have the cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 80% (out of 100%), or be ranked within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period. C.G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher [see Appendix 2]
- An applicant should never have been awarded with any scholarship programs from Korea for an undergraduate degree program.
- An applicant must have no limitations in travelling abroad
- Applicants from low income families or underprivileged backgrounds will be given preference.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean (above Level 3) or English language (IELTS above5.5) will be given preference.
- Applicants with certified scores on their proficiency in Korean or in English may be given preference. Some examples include the following:Proficiency in Korea: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)Proficiency in English: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS Academic (TOEFL ITPs are not acceptable)
Required Documents: 1 set of the original documents below
- Completed Application Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement (Form 3)
- Study Plan (Form 4)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)Must be from two separate recommenders.The letters must be written by someone who can give in-depth assessment on the applicant’s abilities, including a high school teacher, principal, or academic advisor.
- Graduation Certificate of High School: Those who are expected to graduate may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
- High School Grade Transcript (including a description of the school’s grading system)
- Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and Parents (Examples: abirth certificate, a government-issued certificate indicating the parent-child relationship, a family register, or parents’passport copies)
- Awards (Optional)
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport (only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection)
How to Apply:
The soft copies of required documents should be sent to Yujin Shim.