Investigator Awards enable humanities and social science researchers with a compelling research vision to tackle the most significant questions in human health.
Deadline: 9 January 2018
The Wellcome Trust is currently seeking applications from researchers for its Investigator Awards in Humanities and Social Science, with an aim to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
- The level of funding they provide for an Investigator Award ranges from £250,000 to £1 million.
- Awards usually last three to five years.
- The award covers the costs of carrying out the programme, such as:
- research expenses
- research/teaching replacement
- conference and meeting costs
- Wellcome considers applications from researchers throughout their careers.
- If Applicants are in the early stages of an independent research career, they should be able to show that they can drive advances in their field of study and that they have considerable promise. They should have a strong track record relative to their career stage of:
- developing innovative and creative research
- making contributions to applicants area of research (eg publications and impacts on policy) and/or securing grant funding
- leading or managing a research project.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.